On 30 Dec 2010, at 22:22, colo wrote:

> I was following the Chapter 17 Cocoa programming for osx 3rd ed
> The code is below.
> All I want to do for a working example is draw an NSView subview in
> the superview.
> And give it have a color and width height.
>
> I was trying all sorts of things. I can draw NSMakeRects in the drawRect
> method
> But I just can't get it to draw another NSview for practice.
> Or draw an NSMakeRect as a NSView.

You don't "draw" an NSView.  An NSView (or subclass) is either a subview of
your view, or it isn't.  And you mustn't add or remove subviews during your
-drawRect: method; during drawing, the set of subviews really needs to remain
stable in order for Cocoa's optimised drawing machinery to function correctly.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net