On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 02:17:46 -0800, Kyle Sluder <kyle.slu...@gmail.com> said:
>For something more complicated, a simple XML format might be appropriate:
>
><madlib>
>The quick <blank type="adjective" /> fox jumped over the lazy <blank
>type="noun" />
></madlib>
>
>Especially if you want to share the resulting madlib with other
>people, who might then want to reuse the same template. All that
>information is contained in a nice compact file format:
>
><madlib>
>The quick <blank type="adjective">brown</blank> fox jumped over the
>lazy <blank type="noun">dog</blank>
></madlib>
>
>None of this is all that hard to parse, and increases the robustness
>of the app tremendously.

I was, if you recall, gently prodding at the OP's desire for "efficiency" in
performing a series of substitutions. You've gone in completely the opposite
direction from that - and, I think, rightly so. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!