I've had this problem show up sporadically for some time, but now I can't get
rid of it.

I have an NSOutlineView with several columns, two of which have checkbox
behaviour. In these columns I set a NSButtonCell in IB having the checkbox
behaviour, and in fact I want to have custom images rather than the standard
checkbox, but since the bug shows up with the standard checkbox I'll leave it
at that.

In IB, all appears fine:

http://apptree.net/images/Screen%20shot%202011-02-10%20at%201.34.54%20PM.png

But when I load and run the nib, all is not fine - the checkboxes are replaced
by some very ugly buttons:

http://apptree.net/images/Screen%20shot%202011-02-10%20at%201.35.17%20PM.png

In the past when this occurred, I found that if I triggered a need to save in
IB by performing some dummy edit, and resaved the nib, it would often be enough
to correct the issue. Sometimes it took a couple of tries. However, now it
seems permanently broken. This resaving trick might indicate a bug with writing
out these cells in IB, or perhaps with parsing the xib to make the nib, who
knows.

However, I also tried forcing a bunch of settings on the cells in code after
they are loaded in -awakeFromNib, and that doesn't seem to help either.

I'm really stuck now. Can anyone suggest a way to fix this, or anything to try?

--Graham