I have a window with a large number of editable text fields, and a big "Go"
button. The text fields are bound to values in my class. At the moment if there
is an edit of one of the values in progress and then I press "Go" then the
"old" value for that field is the one in my class variable that is acted upon.

In my view it would make a lot more sense to accept the current field text,
probably while retaining the current selection in the edit session, and then
act on the "Go" command. Is there a compact way of doing this? I have seen some
rather convoluted code samples that accept the current edit session, but
retaining the current selection looks to be very complicated, and require
assumptions about the nature of the control involved. Surely there should be a
more general one-line way of achieving this? Or is there a good UI argument why
what I want is a bad idea? Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers