On 20 Mar 2011, at 19:17, Rick Mann wrote:

> I have some code, called from a subclass of NSOperation, that throws an
> exception pretty reliably if I put a breakpoint elsewhere in the code (it is
> code that does an HTTP request, and it's getting a broken pipe, and raising
> an exception to report it; the breakpoint (in another thread) seems to
> trigger this behavior).
>
> My NSOperation subclass wraps the call to the network code in a @try/catch
> block. But when this exception is raised, the app terminates due to an
> uncaught exception.
>
> Any idea why?
>
> TIA,
> Rick

Can you give us the exception report?
Is it an NSException instance?

The Exception Programming Topics states (amongst lots of other good and
relevant stuf):

Exceptions on the main thread of a Cocoa application do not typically rise to
the level of the uncaught exception handler because the global application
object catches all such exceptions.

This might indicate that your exception is not occurring on your main thread.

Check out the section entitled "Controlling a Program’s Response to Exceptions".

Regards

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer
Mugginsoft LLP