I am new to iOS Audio Technology.
I am developing an application which will play streaming audio(mp3), planning
to add some effects like iPod Equalizer,Pan Control.

I have tried to use Matt Gallagher's AudioStreamer API
(http://cocoawithlove.com/2008/09/streaming-and-playing-live-mp3-stream.html).
I was able to play the streaming audio. but i was not sure how to add the
effects using AudioQueue .

From Apple Documentation, i understood that AudioUnit can be used to add
Effects. But streaming format should be in Linear PCM.

Basically i want to add Effects and play streaming audio.

What is the best way to acheive this.

I am confused now to way forward.

Could some one give a direction to way forward. any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks