I've been trying to create a subclass of PDFView in order to load a PDF file (a
standardized form) so that some of the fields can be automated.

The problem that I have been having is that instance variables will not seem
draw in the view at all although static strings will.  I have verified that the
instance variable inside the object is not null using NSLog().  Anyone have any
suggestions?

@interface PDFEditView : PDFView {
    Official *official;
    NSDictionary *attr;

@private

}

-----

- (void) drawPage: (PDFPage *) page {

   [super drawPage: page];

    NSLog(@"official.name: %@", official.name);

    NSString *test = @"Test";

    // This shows up
    [test drawAtPoint: NSMakePoint(75, 550)
       withAttributes: attr];

    // This does not.
    [official.name drawAtPoint: NSMakePoint(375, 550)
                 withAttributes: attr];