On Apr 18, 2011, at 10:35 PM, P Teeson wrote:

> In an app I am working on I have the below code to detect physical DVDs
> attached to the computer.

> But I have not had success in figuring out how to find LAN mounted DVD's
> Can someone please point me to the correct documentation or suggest a
> direction for me to go in?

Hi Peter,

LAN (or network) mounted DVD's are accessible through the file system, just
like physically attached DVD's are.

My suggestion would be to enumerate through all the attached volumes to look
for the telltale signs that a particular volume is a DVD (e.g. a "VIDEO_TS" or
"AUDIO_TS" directory, a VIDEO_TS.VOB file, etc.).

And if you want to catch new DVD's as they are being attached, register for an
appropriate notification (e.g. volume attached?).

I hope this suggestion helps!

michael