Hi,
  I am working on streaming audio player application for iOS. currently i am
experimenting with AudioQueue and AudioUnit for playback.

Both works fine in the normal condition. But AudioUnit playback stopped playing
when device (ipod touch 2nd gen) goes to sleep mode, where as it works fine
with AudioQueue.

I have set "kAudioSessionCategory_MediaPlayback" session category for both
cases. I assume this session category should continue the playback even in
sleep mode.

I am not sure what i am missing here.

I want to add pan/effects features to my application, so i am trying with
AudioUnit.

Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks