As others have said, the files you are trying to get are under source
code control with Subversion.  Just getting the files via the browser
will likely corrupt them in some way or another, as you've found out.

Get the files via the normal checkout methods for Subversion and
you should be ok.  (Just don't ask me how to do that, since I don't
yet use Subversion).

- h