Dear list,
I am currently making an application that i would like to look like a quick
time player (as it actually may play movie files and may broadcast them -
this is a kind of a messenger).

That's why i need the same controls - play, pause, volume, etc in my
application.

Do you think that would be a bad idea to make it look identically (only
appearance, the functionality is completely different) to the original
QuickTime player?
>From the user's point of view, i would prefer an app  (or rather one window
in my case) that is similar to the player i already have (since it plays
movies).

I actually haven't seen a lot of players for Mac OS (apart from Quick Time
player and iTunes i am using VLC, but the last one uses QT and is not
supposed to look "native" enough).

Is QuickTime interface's idea somehow "protected" and the similarities are
not allowed by Apple developers?
If so, what player do you think looks the most native and you would prefer
to use if you didn't have QuickTime player? Or you don't care about what
does it look like, as long as it has these control play-pause-volume-etc
buttons?

Thanks