Jodischlange,
it's a messenger application, that has as its feature a possibility to play
video files to other users.
I was thinking to make the part that actually does playing the video (it's
interface) similar to the QuickTime player (since most users are using this
player, and therefore consider it as a "reference" for the apps).
I am not sure what Apple would think about this, that's why i'm asking.
Or maybe, if i am wrong, i should design my own controls, that look
different from the QuickTime player's ones, and users won't feel
uncomfortable.

On Windows, every movie player looks different - this is a place where users
don't care at all, unless an application has "play/stop/pause" buttons.
Nick