I'm stumped on this one.

To my knowledge I have correctly built a localized Help Book for my Mac OS
application. Everything about the help book works except the spotlight search
in the help menu. For example, I can open the help book, navigate it, and send
users to specific pages with context sensitive help and anchors. I can search
*within* the help viewer application, get results, and go to those results.

However, when I search using the spotlight field in the app's help menu,
although the system returns the exact same results which I get when I search
from within the help viewer, I cannot go to those results. When I click on them
the help viewer launches, but it launches to a blank page. Again, if I search
for the same term from within the help viewer, I get the correct results and
can click on them to be taken to the correct page.

Any suggestions for where I might look for a solution, or why this might be
happening? Nothing appears in the console log. A google search isn't helpful.
And I've poured over my anchors and metadata tags looking for duplicates and
mistakes, but maybe I'm missing something which I'm just not aware of.