An update, might have a relevant console message here:

5/23/11 2:36:21 PM
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HelpData.framework/Versions/A/Resources/helpd[7362]
   MDS Error: unable to create user DBs in
/var/folders/TQ/TQyJ+G+jGXSvJlg443gydE+++TI/-Caches-//mds

~

The problem is localized to my app, though.

~Phil