Hi List,

I've been banging my head on this for awhile... I'm using a non document, non
core data application. At this point this is a fairly common (I think)
master/detail single window design. The window has a NSTabView with the master
on one tab and detail on another, and a SourceView (like Mail) on the left
side. This application is a front end to a PostgreSQL database.

The common use case is:
1- user select a database table on the source view which sends a query to the
backend
2- result is shown on the tableView
3- user select a row and click a button or double-click to see the detail view.

Now, although I've set "nextKeyView" for all textFields, I just cant set focus
on the NSTextField that I want to be first responder... It's always the topmost
field that get the focus first. I tried to put [window
makeFirstResponder:myFirstResponderField] everywhere I could think of without
success. Since when the window appear on screen none of the views are present,
I cant set the initialFirstResponder on the detail view, which is probably why
my fancy key view loop is ignored.

The only thing that works is using a button on the detail view which calls
makeFirstResponder:myFirstResponderField on the window. Obviously, this is not
an ideal solution...

I'm probably missing something obvious and feel free to call me an idiot for
overlooking this :-)

Thanks and Cheers,

Andre Masse