On 19/06/2011, at 3:18 AM, Robert Hard wrote:

>  I have RFT TextEdit files of each panel.

Just use the files as resources. They can simply be added to the project and
will be copied into your app's bundle. At runtime, load the one you want into a
NSTextView. One line of code, pretty much. I wouldn't bother doing anything
with the original RedEdit resources, just use the RTF files as is.

The original Mac resource manager was basically a sort of filesystem (or
database) within a filesystem. Since the very original Mac didn't have real
directories, it was necessary to provide a way to load things from disk that
couldn't be individual files inside a (hidden) directory. That situation has
thankfully long since been superseded. Resources these days are just files
inside your bundle, which is in itself just a disguised directory.

--Graham