On Jun 29, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Ulf Dunkel wrote:

> I would really like to get a hint on this. Even a simple "not possible" would
> help. Thank you. :-)
>
> - - - - -
>
> Am 27.06.2011 22:58, schrieb Ulf Dunkel:
>> In a simple app of mine, I use the standard Help menu and MyApp Help
>> menu item, which is bound to -showHelp:.
>>
>> I would like to have my AppDelegate being informed when the Help Viewer
>> has been launched and opened from this menu item.
>>
>> It seems as if the method -showHelp: cannot be overridden. Which other
>> way can I use to receive any information when -showHelp: has been called?

What makes you think -showHelp: (in NSApplication) can not be overridden? Works
fine here.

The possibly confusing part when subclassing NSApplication is how to make your
app use that subclass. Typically this is done by setting a custom class (your
subclass) to the Application object in the MainMenu nib file.

Gerd