On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:06:36 +0100, Angus Hardie
<angus.har...@malcolmhardie.com> said:

>On 29 Jun 2011, at 14:22, Ulf Dunkel wrote:
>
>> Am 27.06.2011 22:58, schrieb Ulf Dunkel:
>>> In a simple app of mine, I use the standard Help menu and MyApp Help
>>> menu item, which is bound to -showHelp:.
>>>
>>> I would like to have my AppDelegate being informed when the Help Viewer
>>> has been launched and opened from this menu item.
>>>
>>> It seems as if the method -showHelp: cannot be overridden. Which other
>>> way can I use to receive any information when -showHelp: has been called?
>>>

>My first thought was that you could change the target of the menu item
>so that it calls your own method, then call the original
>showHelp method with something like:
>
> [NSApp showHelp:sender]

I routinely "repoint" the showHelp: action from the Help menu item so that my
own code runs in response. Usually, however, this is because I *don't* want the
Help View launched and opened from this menu item. :) m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!