On 2011-06-29, at 21:50 , Quincey Morris wrote:

> You're looking for provable correctness. That's laudable, and will probably
> mean that you keep all of your fingers. But you'll still end up in the
> emergency room -- in your case it will be for a stress-induced ulcer. :)

My university professor once said:
"If you write code that other people will or have to use and they are supposed
to use it without having to read your source code first, implement every
method/function in such a way as if everybody out there has only one goal:
Breaking it! Either by feeding completely absurd input parameters to it or by
calling your methods/functions any completely absurd order or combination you
can ever think of".

> Excuse me for saying this, but I think this particular discussion has gone on
> too long.

The discussion was going on for hardly 9 hours when you wrote that.

> You're not going to get any new answers to your questions, because there are
> no answers to give beyond what's already been said.

Actually I think I didn't get answers to those questions, because nobody knew
the answers and instead of arguing why the answers don't matter, people could
have just admitted that they don't know the answers either. Anyway, I think I
figured out those answers all by myself in the meantime.

Kind regards,
Markus