Thanks for the feedback. I now see how this works.

I am using the Nuance iOS SDK to verbally search an iPhone's music
library and play music based on what the user asked for (with and
without keywords). The Levenstein stuff sometimes works, now going to
add this to see if it can fill in some of the holes.

I tried this which worked

NSString *z = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"#%@",stringValue];
BOOL test = [z soundsLikeString:@"#Face"];
NSLog(@"sounds like \"Face\": %d", test);
//Pace = 1

Not including the 1st character might be okay. With some testing I'll find out.