Im having a problem with adjusting the color values of a UIImage.

How does one adjust levels and color values of a UIImage.
The example code I found only overlays a rectangle clipped to an image mask. It
looks like color value adjustment until you realize 2 things.
a) I absolutely cannot render the image view with the color adjustment into a
graphic context with the adjustment in tact, because what I always get back is
the original, unadjusted image.
a b) it's not really adjusting the levels. And since it isn't it also means I
cannot actually adjust the brightness, contrast or anything else either.

Is adjusting UIImage color levels even