The first thing I notice is that none of the CGContext* calls after
UIGraphicsBeginImageContext is referring to that image context so they are
having no effect on it. You should move the UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext down
after the [drawImage...] call.

If you are still not able to get the desired result with any of the Quartz
blend modes, you'll need to create a bitmap context and tweak the pixels in the
pixel buffer directly.