Hi again,
I’m puzzled by what I think is a very basic Cocoa feature that still escapes my
knowledge (and I found nothing really meaningful about it).

More specifically, I have a NSPanel, with some NSTextField inside, and would
like the editing to begin immediately in the first text field when the panel
appears. I thus set the initialFirstResponder outlet to the field I’d like the
edition to start in. But when the panel shows (modally), all the fields are
inactive: I have to explicitly select one of them by clicking.

I’ve tried to call -setFirstResponder: with my NSTextField as parameter (or
even -[myTextField performClick:]) inside the -didBecomeKey delegate methods,
to no avail.

Has someone an idea on how to make the cursor initially appear without having
to click on a text field?

Thanks!