On Jul 29, 2011, at 10:32 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> With Auto Save enabled in a document, I find that Lion sometimes wants to
> break into a sequence of operations to do an Auto Save.

What do you mean by "break into" or "a sequence of operations"?  The frameworks
are almost certainly not interrupting the flow of execution of your code.  You
must be giving them an opportunity to do their own thing by, for example,
running the main run loop in one of the framework-defined modes.  Can you
simply not do that?

Regards,
Ken