On Jul 30, 2011, at 9:45 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> Thank you, Quincey.  I watched that a few weeks ago, and studied the part on
> Auto Save carefully.  I think that what you are recalling is the ability to
> cancel an Auto Save after it is started, by returning NO in
> -writeToURL:ofType:error:.  What I want to do is at a higher level – and
> simpler – which is to prevent the Auto Save from beginning in the first place.

Don’t you just want to _defer_ it until your data is in a consistent state
again? Otherwise it’s possible to have a situation where by chance, every time
AppKit tries to autosave, your code happens to be busy with some async
operation. The autosave could be delayed indefinitely in that case, which is
bad news.

I liked the earlier suggestion of just holding onto the completion routine,
scheduling the autosave for after your last NSOperation completes, and then
calling the completion handler.