On 04/08/2011, at 11:36 AM, glenn andreas wrote:

> More likely the somebody that interviewed you didn't have it correct in the
> first place, scarring you for life...

Well, that part's true :)

I seem to recall I failed that question, the only one I did. So I got the
lecture and never questioned it. I did get that job anyway, though in hindsight
I'd rather I hadn't, but that's another story...

I think the point they wanted to get across was that they didn't want to see
code like this:

if( someFunction() && someOtherFunction()){ ... }

instead of:

if( someFunction())
{
    if( someOtherFunction())
    {

where (they claimed) in the first case someOtherFunction() may or may not run
depending on compiler implementation, and not dependent on the result of
someFunction().

On the other hand, this was easily 15 years ago, maybe I've just forgotten the
question and what it was all about. It happens - I forget so much stuff these
days.