On 25/08/2011, at 11:28 AM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> We have NSWindowWillEnterVersionBrowserNotification and
> NSWindowDidExitVersionBrowserNotification, however I found the former is not
> received if a document *opens* on the right side of the version browser, i.e.
> if the user "browses" to it.  Maybe that doesn't matter in your case.

Jerry, I'm now using these notifications on my main document to send further
notifications to my app delegate which can save and restore my inspector
states. I'm convinced this should be done by Cocoa, but as a workaround I can
live with it.

Can you explain what you mean by a document opening on the right hand side? I
can't seem to get that to happen. Basic Revert is broken in some way and hangs,
but that might be my fault. The 'Browse All Versions' seems to work, and I get
the notifications reliably.

--Graham