On 25/08/2011, at 12:53 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> When user clicks "Browse All Versions", the current document window jumps to
> the left side of the Star Wars screen.  That document has "entered the
> version browser".  However, another document, the previous version, opens in
> a window in the right side of the Star Wars screen.  That's what I mean by
> "the right side".  In my testing, this document on the right side does not
> get the NSWindowWillEnterVersionBrowserNotification.  I supposed that the
> justification is that it never *entered* the version browser; it began its
> life there.  But I need to do some setup for the versions browser just the
> same.  So I wrote a bunch of kludgey code to work around that.

Maybe my understanding is a little off here, but I'd assumed that the versions
"on the right side" were just snapshots (images) of the window content rather
than actual documents. Since that's what I'd assumed I haven't been looking for
notifications for these. If they are actual documents, isn't that asking rather
a lot of your app, that it opens potentially hundreds of documents when you
enter Versions? I thought it only replaced the data content of the document
when you actually chose one to restore. Hmmmm…. seems I have a way to go to
wrap my head around all this stuff.

Anyway, what's going in within Versions isn't all that important right now - in
fact hiding all the palettes is fine. It's not showing them again that I have a
gripe with, but I do have my workaround working now.

>> Basic Revert is broken in some way and hangs, but that might be my fault.
>
> How much you want to bet that -[NSDocument
> performActivityWithSynchronousWaiting:usingBlock:] is not involved?

I wouldn't want to take that bet :)

--Graham