On 31 Aug 2011, at 2:00 PM, Rajendran P wrote:

> is it advisable to use the API setTitleWithMnemonic ? the document discussion
> says
>
> "Discussion
> Mnemonics are not supported in Mac OS X. "
>
> strangely , the API is not deprecated

Given that the method has never had any effect in the ten years Mac OS X has
existed, I'm not sure why you wonder if it is advisable to use it anyway?
Mnemonics are not displayed, and there is no way to trigger them.

The API probably carried over from NeXTStep or possibly the Yellow Box (the
long-abandoned Cocoa for Windows). It is deprecated for NSMenuItem. You'd have
to ask Apple why it hasn't been dropped. I don't think it's because there's a
strong '90s-revival faction in the AppKit team, so I'm guessing it's just
inertia.

        — F