I have an app with some groups of checkboxes...and it really takes up too much
space in the UI.

It is a utility app, but it has about 7 different matricies of about 6
checkboxes each....so lots of options...and it can be overwhelming at times.
I'd like to design a better UI so as to not take up so much space in the UI,
and at the same time, make it appear a bit simpler, and hide categories (of
checkboxes) unless you need to see them.

I'm considering migrating to an OutlineView, or perhaps the new View-based
TableView...but I was wondering what other folks have done out there to make
sure their users are not overwhelmed by having too many choices at their
disposal.

Thanks,