Hello,

I am trying to determine the state of a menu item in another application. I
have tried via AppleScript UI scripting, and via AppleScript Studio's state of
menu item. I am coming up empty. I can get to the menu and select the item fine
- but I can't get the status. I am interested whether or not the menu item has
a check mark next to it.

I know this can be done programmatically, because QuicKeys knows about the
status.

I'd be grateful for any hints as to how to solve this problem.

Thanks,