On Sep 10, 2011, at 1:28 PM, R wrote:

> including the Validating Mac App Store
> Receipts process.

I've removed validating Mac App Store receipts from my code. In general, for at
least your first release, I would not worry about DRM. If you think your first
release is going to be so popular that lots of people are going to pirate it,
that is a good problem to have (think of it as free advertising). In version
1.1 (or whatever) you can add DRM if you want.

Apple has purposely kept the instructions somewhat vague so all the developers
don't end up with the exact same solution. Apple wants a diverse set of
solutions. If we all have the same solution, one "hack" could break all the
applications.

I think much of the code examples Apple initially provided for Snow Leopard
have largely been deprecated in Lion because of changes Apple made regarding
which crypto libraries and APIs they are supporting. I haven't followed this in
a while though.

Todd