OSX, using Xcode 4.

In my outline view drag and drop I'd like to be able to drop between rows
(at any level). This only seems possible if the item on the row above has
no children.

I have a custom container tree node in my model, with bindings via an
NSTreeController.  I've implemented a data source with a custom class to
handle the drag and drop data source methods.  So far everything else seems
to work fine, except for not being able to drop below

In principle, I could change the target in outlineView:validateDrop... but
the built in "line with circle on the left end" would still indicate it was
dropping on a child.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

John Velman