there must be some way to override this default title suffix. I was able to
override the title string itself (i.e, now instead of the filename or
"untitled" i get there my application's name), but --edited is automatically
appended there anyway whenever an existing document is opened and changed
(without yet being saved). I couldn't find a solution to get rid of it. If
anyone knows how does this work in lion and how to override this thing, i'd
be thankful if they shared with me :-)

I need this because of the specificity of the application and because
customer wants that badly. I'm aware that it's not what document oriented
apps should behave like usually.