On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Nick <eveningn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> there must be some way to override this default title suffix.

"Must" is not a synonym for "I want there to be."

> I need this because of the specificity of the application and because
> customer wants that badly. I'm aware that it's not what document oriented
> apps should behave like usually.

The "Edited" indicator isn't tied to the autosave state of the
document. It's tied to whether or not there has been an edit since the
last time the user chose to Save a Version since loading the document.
If your documents don't support Versions, then you should not be
returning YES from +autosavesInPlace.

--Kyle Sluder