On 2011 Sep 20, at 08:48, Keith Duncan wrote:

> Any URLs an application encodes into it's restorable state archive (resume
> support is required for any open windows for automatic termination to
> actually quit an application) will be accessible in terms of sandboxing when
> the application is relaunched.

This is surprising, but indeed it is stated in the WWDC video.

It implies that I can

• Claim a *user-selected* entitlement
• Present an NSOpenPanel the first time my app runs
• Ask the user select a file, directory, or even a whole drive
• Stash this URL in a recoverable instance variable in NSApplication

At first I was thinking that this would give my app a permanent entitlement to
whatever URL was selected.  But what if the user restarts and clicks "Don't
restore windows".  Wouldn't that break it?