On 20 Sep 2011, at 19:35, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> At first I was thinking that this would give my app a permanent entitlement
> to whatever URL was selected.  But what if the user restarts and clicks
> "Don't restore windows".  Wouldn't that break it?

Based on what I have been told and my own deductions, this is correct.

URLs stashed in the restore archives should be used for restore purposes only.
Hijacking them to create persistent references across application launches
risks losing that file reference. As with the rest of restore you must validate
the restored state, ensuring your application is built defensively, and does
not rely on any state being present.

As far as I know, applications which require persistent file references to
offer their functionality (so long as that functionality doesn't conflict with
the App Review Guidelines) will, at App Review's discretion, be permitted to
use the absolute file access temporary exception as a temporary workaround.
However, be sure to file a problem report so that you can cite a radar number.

Keith