I'm debugging a corner case wherein undoing a group containing deletion of a
managed object causes a "Core Data could not fulfill a fault" exception on this
object.  It would help to understand exactly how managed objects are un-deleted.

If I delete a managed object, and then save (or if Cocoa autosaves in place)
the object is turned into a fault.  Normally, Undo is still able to restore the
object.  As implied by the documentation [1], the restored object is the same
object; it has the same address as the original.

My guess is that the undo invocation contains dictionaries of deleted object
properties which are used during Undo to re-populate the properties of a
faulted object.  Is that indeed the way it works?  (Feel free to improve my
wording.)

Any ideas how I could be hosing those properties, other than by over-releasing
the object?

Thanks,

Jerry Krinock

[1] In Core Data Programming Guide ▸ Memory Management Using Core Data ▸ Change
and Undo Management,

"The undo manager associated with a context retains any changed managed