Thanks for the discussion.  What I implemented last night was what Graham had
suggested.  I simply bind my table column values to an NSArrayController
controller and observed by KVO in my set box object.  It works great.  I think
this is also what Conrad had meant as well.  Simply changing the time updates
or invalidates the timer for each box.  It is far more elegant that what I was
originally doing.
Not to carry this discussion too long,  I created this confusion in my head by
looking at a project I did 4 years ago while developing a sprinkler controller.
 In that project I ended up creating a schedule object which was a property for
each relay on a controller board which was as an object as well.  Each relay
(sprinkler zone) had an address, on and off commands and an indeterminate
number of schedule objects as properties.  If you think about this it is quite
challenging as you can very easily end up with 100's of timers on the run loop
at any one time.  Many of these timers (on a 7 day schedule) would be sitting
around for days waiting to fire.  For just one relay you would have at a
minimum 2 timers (on and off timers) a day.  Each relay was on a relay board
with 12 relays. Complicating matters was the fact that here (drought stricken
Texas) many areas are running a sprinkler zone at multiple short interval times
per day (mainly at night).  To avoid having all of these timers on the run loop
I ended up using the one initial timer that when fired started a loop through
the array of timers. But keep in mind that each "on" command timer also had an
"off" command timer as well as setting up the next on timer. Also keep in mind
that only one zone can be on at a time due to water pressure (this being the
difference between this set top box project and the sprinkler project).

Anyway food for thought.

Tom