Greetings everyone.

I started learning Xcode a while ago and managed to bootstrap myself to a
position to actually be able to write some code that works.  Xcode isn't
exactly a beginner friendly suite, to say the least, but with some patience it
can be learned.  Then I got a new Macbook and it came with Xcode 4 and replaced
version 3 on my old machine.  I think it is better, but of course it was a huge
change at the start of a learning curve that had barely started.

I do (did) most of my coding in Perl, and started using Xcode to replace the
GUI Perl-Tk.  That lets me do stuff in Perl that I haven't learned yet to do in
Objective C, but still display results in OSX's pretty GUI.   In Xcode 3, I
would put the scripts and data in (jobfolder)/build/debug and call it, as with
--- int result = system("./perlscript.pl");   Worked fine.

Along comes Xcode 4 and no build/debug folder.  The docs say that any file or
resource is now to be placed in the Supporting Files folder and they will be
found.  But, a bare call like the above doesn't find the script.  I have to
hard code the path like --- int result =
system("/Users/myself/Programming/CocoaLearn/perlscript.pl"); and it works
fine, but hard coding paths in a program is a mess, of course.   If I hard code
the path, it doesn't matter if I told the Supporting Files folder about it.

I have put the test script everywhere in the folder chain of the project, used
the "Add files to project...", played with the Bundle path, used all the Unix
precursors like ./  and ~ and so forth.  Either I am not finding the proper
documentation, or am mis-reading it, or maybe just not seeing the forest for
the trees.

Anybody?

Thanks.