I’m writing an internal app our QA engineers going to use to capture
performance metrics on various iOS devices. After running tests, the app will
upload the results to a server. In those results I need to include enough info
to identify the device, so I want to get things like the UDID, the model ID
(e.g. “iPhone 4” or a codename that can be mapped to it), and maybe lower-level
stuff like the clock speed and RAM and whether it’s on battery power or
charging.

I can’t find the APIs to get this sort of stuff. I was thinking the
SystemConfiguration framework, but I didn’t see anything relevant in
SCSchemaDefinitions.h. Searching the Xcode doc browser didn’t help. Any clues?

—Jens

PS: I realize these may not be Cocoa APIs, but I’m not sure what other list
would be more relevant.