Ad Hoc Helper does it and is available from the App Store.  But it doesn't
seem to be Open Source.  It was written by Erica Sadun who also wrote The
iPhone Developer Cookbook.  Maybe she can tell you.

On Monday, October 10, 2011, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> I’m writing an internal app our QA engineers going to use to capture
performance metrics on various iOS devices. After running tests, the app
will upload the results to a server. In those results I need to include
enough info to identify the device, so I want to get things like the UDID,
the model ID (e.g. “iPhone 4” or a codename that can be mapped to it), and
maybe lower-level stuff like the clock speed and RAM and whether it’s on
battery power or charging.

> I can’t find the APIs to get this sort of stuff. I was thinking the
SystemConfiguration framework, but I didn’t see anything relevant in
SCSchemaDefinitions.h. Searching the Xcode doc browser didn’t help. Any
clues?

http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/quixote%40dulcineatech.com

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha