> I am trying a simple application to generate pdf from contents in a text view.

Your content view is just a single NSTextView, which won't create a multi-page
PDF for you. What you see on screen is what you get when you make a PDF.

You need to create a chain of multiple NSTextView instances (one for each page)
that share the same content/layout stream (eg: a single
NSTextStorage/NSLayoutManager). They should be contained in a larger NSView
that knows how to divvy up the pages by overriding -rectForPage:, etc. See the
TextEdit source code as an example.

~Martin