I was having this bizarre issue with some odd text alignments. In the end I tracked it down to sizeWithFont returning different CGSizes than did drawAtPoint. The latter returns widths (using Courier 19pt bold) of around 12.002 while sizeWithFont says 13.00. Its like sizeWithFont is using "ceilf" on the values...

Is this a documentation issue or system problem?

In the end I just use a clearColor to draw the text, but boy was I surprised at this.

David