Hi,

I'm implementing audio-units plugin(s) using Cocoa views. The plugin
occasionally shows a popup window and it is also possible that additional
popups will be shown from the first one. In all cases it's needed to avoid
all GUI processing of the plugin host and the main window, except for
timers and drawing, hence no mouse or keyboard input.

I tried using runModalForWindow, but found following problems:
1) The method seems to release the window or something. If I don't call
[NSWindow retain] before calling it, further calls lead to a crash.
Therefore I cannot show subwindows.
2) It doesn't show and activate the window - in most cases the window
appears in the background.
3) It cannot change cursor - [NSCursor set] does nothing.
4) The documentation says nothing about the problems above, but it states
the processing stops any other processing in other windows, including
timers, that's not a good idea.

So maybe there's even a different alternative? I need to show the windows,
but the rest of application is realtime and should work, just not respond
to any user input events.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Vojtech