Oops, I mixed up entitlements and sandboxing. Sandboxing is a subset
of entitlements and it is possible to enable entitlements for iCloud
without enabling sandboxing for the app. I thought I recalled
engineers referencing iCloud & the sandbox together during WWDC, but I
must have been mistaken.

I still believe that sandboxing is not ready for primetime and that it
is a concern for a lot of apps that currently are approved for the Mac
App Store, but cannot be sandboxed due to limitations of its
implementation. I know that my own app, which is in the Mac App Store,
requires additional API support from Apple to enable me to sandbox it
without losing significant functionality.

--
Mark Munz
unmarked software