> > I'm using modal windows using runModalForWindow and I'd like to implement
> > probably a slightly untypical thing - when a user clicks outside of the
> > window, it gets closed, like he clicked cancel button or something. The
> > idea is that this would simulate a popup menu. I know it's not exactly
> > typical, but my plugins/apps would benefit from it a lot and I cannot use
> > normal menu classes, because it's a multiplatform GUI system, which just
> > works different way.
>
> Between this and your previous post about no window title, it sounds like
> maybe you should be looking at a floating panel instead of a modal dialog
> (with some custom event handling).

This is just a special case. In basically all platforms so far it was quite
easy to find a simple way to detect, when user clicks outside of the
window, so in case particular window should be a "menu", then I could just
close it on user click outside (or OS did that automatically). Minimum
crossplatform code, which is always a good thing.

Vojtech