Thanks. Ok, let's say I'm ok with "not making it modal". All I need is that
when I show the window, the "method" that does that must return after the
window has closed. So basically it's still the same thing, I just can live
with the fact that the window may not be modal and rather closed when gets
deactivated. How to do that? Do I need to write my own event loops?

Vojtech