Le 18 nov. 2011 à 11:59, Jean-Daniel Dupas a écrit :

> Le 18 nov. 2011 à 10:59, Nicholas Francis a écrit :
>
>> Problem with Xcode >4 is that this is the same build farm that compiles out
>> standalone executable which has compatibility down to Tiger, so we're stuck
>> on Xcode 3.x versions (at least for the next 8 months or so). Superannoying,
>> but that's what we get for making a dev tool that will target ancient
>> systems.
>>
>> Essentially, Unity is an Editor (that requires >Leopard, Intel only) which
>> we ship with a bunch of runtimes (OSX, iOS, Win, Android (ARM/Intel, etc),
>> PS3, XBox, Flash binary, etc.). People use the Unity editor to build a data
>> file that these binaries know how to run. The Editor could be compiled with
>> a later compiler, but we need our runtimes to target ancient systems as well
>> (when to up the requirements of any version is a long debate; we're just now
>> dropping PPC). The editor also has an embedded Runtime (so people can test
>> their games).
>>
>> However, getting all these dependencies right means we've ended up with a
>> very complex build system - so it's hard for us to "just" upgrade a single
>> piece of the chain.
>>
>> Anyone have any idea how Lion checks the compiler version so I maybe can
>> fool it?
>>

> http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/weblog/2009/04/_nsi3_cfexecutablelinkedonoraf.html

As a follow up, it look like everithing end up calling
NSVersionOfLinkTimeLibrary() which is defined in the following file:

http://opensource.apple.com/source/dyld/dyld-195.5/src/dyldAPIsInLibSystem.cpp

As you can see, this function has a major flaw, as it check version against the
executable only.
A tricky way to fool the system can be to move all you application code into a
framework, and have a simple launcher compiled on 10.7 that just call a 'main'
entry point in your framework.

>> (Failing that, I'll re-implement windows resizing myself :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nicholas

-- Jean-Daniel