Thanks for the plutil tip Brian.

It's not supposed to be an old style dictionary - it's just a strings file, and
I have the whole thing in English and Spanish - the English one loads fine, and
the Spanish one doesn't. Unfortunately seeing as plutil thinks it's supposed to
be an old style dictionary file, it just tells me that there is an error at
line 1.

Maybe I just need to do a binary search for the problem line(s)…

Regards

Gideon